Wincanton Parish Church (nearest Postcode BA9 9AF)
Saturday 4th December, from 5.00pm to 6.00pm
Price: £5.00 and £2.50 for under-18s
(Subject to COVID-19 Restrictions)
We very much hope to see you at our afternoon Christmas Concert on Saturday 4th December at our new venue – the Wincanton Parish Church, Church St. BA9 9AF.
The main work in our short concert will be excerpts from Haydn’s The Seasons, sung in English: Joyful the Liquor Flows, the finale of Autumn; No.40 Let the Wheel move gaily, No.42 A wealthy lord who long had lov’d (both from Winter) and No.46 Then comes the dawn, the final stirring chorus, with a fugue, of Winter.
Festive numbers include O Holy Night (arranged by Adolphe Adam), Somerset Carol (‘traditional’ but harmonised), Gloucestershire Wassail (arranged marvellously by Vaughan Williams), plus other gorgeous carols, lullabies etc.
We hope the new venue and time will enable you to take in the Wincanton Lantern Parade and possibly a cafe or shop in Wincanton High Street, as many are open on Saturday afternoons. The concert will involve less effort on your part than dedicating a whole evening to the concert AND you should find something projected in bright lights on the exterior of the church as part of the Wincanton Town Festival (https://www.facebook.com/WincantonTownFestival/) that will be happening every Saturday 5-9pm from 27th November to 18th December.
IMPORTANT: People considering attending our concert, or that have already bought tickets, should be aware of the measures we’re putting in place to diminish the risk of COVID-19 infection. This is to reassure you that we take your safety very seriously.
COVID RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE
- You must not attend if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (or cold/flu type symptoms) or are self-isolating due to COVID-19
- You must provide evidence of Double Vaccination either by way of NHS Covid Pass, or via NHS Appointment Card showing 2 vaccinations. Alternatively, evidence of a negative LFT test in last 48 hours will be acceptable.
- Please allow time to register on arrival for NHS track and trace purposes (name/address or NHS Covid App QR Code). The registration desks will need to see your vaccination evidence, and you will be asked to sanitise hands and wear a face mask.
- You must wear a face mask when walking to/from your seat in the church. Face masks can be removed when seated.
- The church doors need to be left open for COVID ventilation during the concert. Please bring warm clothes, gloves, hat etc as the church (although heated) may be very cold and drafty as a result.
- Please note that this concert involves choral singing by a choir in an indoor setting with consequential risk of COVID transmission and this event is not recommended for attendance by clinically vulnerable persons or unvaccinated persons. WCS has attempted to minimise these risks in accordance with government guidelines but the risk of catching COVID is not extinguished. A risk assessment is available on our website.
- This event may be cancelled at short notice in the event of increased COVID transmission risk or change in government guidance. Please check this website for latest details.