We are looking forward to our Spring Concert 2022!
We’ll be performing the beautiful, dramatic and challenging ‘Petite Messe Solennelle’ – Rossini’s last major composition.
The performance takes place on Sunday 15th May 2022 at 19:30, in the atmospheric church of St Peter and St Paul, Wincanton. Tickets are £12.50 and can be purchased on the door, via a choir member, or online here: www.ticketsource.co.uk/wincanton-choral-society
Keeping the concert Covid-free: advice for both choristers and audience
- Please do not attend the concert if you have had a positive first LFT result or have developed symptoms (whichever is the sooner) within the last ten days.
- Please do not attend if you have COVID-19/respiratory illness symptoms i.e., cough, cold, flu-like symptoms.
- Those recently infected with the COVID-19 virus may attend as long as either ten days have elapsed since the start of their infection, or they have had a negative LFT test result since the start of their infection.
- Refunds: To encourage anybody not meeting any of the Covid advice above after buying their ticket to ‘do the right thing’, we are very happy to refund tickets OR transfer them to someone else OR transfer them to a future concert.
- Please be sensitive to other concert attendees and leave plenty of space between you and people sitting in other groups. Wincanton Choral Society advises that you leave a space equivalent to at least that taken up by one person.
- Face coverings may be worn but the choice of whether to do so is left to individual discretion.
- To provide a well-ventilated area, both Church doors will be open until immediately before the concert and during the interval. Please note that despite warm temperatures being forecast for Sunday 15th May, the Church may be on the cool side.
- Please be aware that this event involves choral singing in an indoor setting which generates an increased risk of COVID-19 transmission and consequently attendance by the clinically vulnerable or unvaccinated persons is at personal discretion. Wincanton Choral Society has attempted to minimise these risks in accordance with the latest government advice but the risk of catching COVID-19 is not extinguished. A risk assessment is available on our website.
- It is possible that this event may be cancelled at short notice in the unlikely event of an outbreak of COVID-19 among choir members or key concert personnel.
Other practical information for audience
Both the South Door and the North Door of the Church will be in use for entry and exit.
- Programmes, priced at £3, will be available at each entrance.
- Electronic (contactless) payment will be accepted at each door.
- WC facilities: go before you come! There are no toilet facilities in the Church, but there are two ‘public conveniences’ run by South Somerset District Council in a small freestanding brick block at the junction of Churchfields and the High Street, beyond the top end of the churchyard [about 30 yards from the church door]. We will have provisioned them with sanitiser and a roll of paper towel for hand drying, but Wincanton Choral Society cannot take responsibility for the cleanliness of this facility, nor for the existence of any COVID aerosols or droplets which may be there.
- Beware of the floor gratings in the church if you’re wearing narrow-heeled shoes!
- consider bringing a cushion for the pews!
- There will be an interval of about twenty minutes at the concert. We won’t be operating a bar, so regret no refreshments.
- there will be a Retiring Collection for Somerset Wellbeing, a local mental health charity – May being Mental Health Awareness Month.